thescrapman

Picked up from another forum that Mike Crewes had passed away.

Whilst a stalwart of the TSSC he had an influence on many other things Triumph whilst on the TSSC COM and as General Secretary.

(I have lifted the next part from the original posting)

Mike's funeral will be on Thursday 19th September (19/9/19) at 12 noon in the Trelawney Chapel, Truro Crematorium.

It is a wish from Mike that he would like us all to follow him on his last journey.

I told Mike we would be more than honoured to make his wish come true.

So please all Classic Cars and bikes to meet for the procession at the Hawkins Arms, Zelah at 11.00am.

Let me know if you can attend for the parking arrangements.

Dress : colourful and casual (no black, no ties)

No flowers please but donations care of Tregunna Funeral Directors, Truro (01872 273568) in aid of Cornwall Hospice Care and Waves Counselling Project.

Celebration of Mike to follow on at The Driftwood Spars, St Agnes.

Let’s make this a Triumphant event for a very dear friend.

Thank you everyone

Carol Coventry

TSSC Cornwall AO

I'm going along to the funeral to pay my respects in the GT6. I knew Mike since the mid 80s, apart from the impact he had on the Triumph movement he was a great bloke too. He was a great events organiser, he used to run the SEM meet at Leatherhead and the TSSC international at Stafford for a time and was instrumental in arranging the STER events in Holland in the late 90s. In latter years he was involved in hill trials in a specially set up TR7 which he owned alongside his Stag. My ex missus and I both knew Mike separatly from before we met so was considered a close mutual friend and he was a guest at our wedding 19 years ago. He was down to do the RBRR a few years back but had to pull out but I dd remember him marshaling down at Lands End so he was involved with CT as well as the TSSC. RIP Mike, a good mate who made a great contribution to all things Triumph over the last 35 years or more, he will be missed. :-(