Andrew Bird

Just about to re-fit the engine into my 13/60 herald(only been out for 7 years todate)
trying to figure out whether the mounts go inside the box section on the chassis (logical place) or on the outside. I would imagine that the location is critical so that gearbox and propshaft can be fixed accurately.

can someone help here?

Fairly sure they go on the outside (mine has been out for about 6 months) on the attached photo you can see the outline of where the mount was on the chassis.

4896 wrote:
Just about to re-fit the engine into my 13/60 herald(only been out for 7 years todate)
trying to figure out whether the mounts go inside the box section on the chassis (logical place) or on the outside. I would imagine that the location is critical so that gearbox and propshaft can be fixed accurately.

can someone help here?

many thanks

just seemed logical for the mounts to go on the inside of the box section as that would be stronger.
but tried to refix the engine and the propshaft is now too big for the car and the only explanation was that the mounts go on the outside.

big mistake leaving it out of the car for so long :( and should have taken far more photos when we dismantled it

once again many thanks

Archived