Radiator needed to borrow!

AlanChatterton

I need a MKII Stag radiator to borrow for a week or so, as a trial fit before the car goes in for painting. I know my bonnet needs some "adjustment" before it gets painted!

Ideally, an old knackered one would do, as long as the bottom mounting lugs are there and the top filler with the plug in is there, that'll be fine.

Midlands based would be a bouns!!!!

either a short term lend or perhaps even a cheap purchase?

All help greatfully recieved!

I could have / would have helped, as I have one you could borrow, but I see that I am too late, unless its easier to pick up from me ?

By the way could I have that auto gearlever surround that you have spare ?

mike

Hi Mike,

D'oh!!....... forgot about you!

Andy & I (and my bodywork man) are all going away camping this weekend, so its an ideal opportunity to get the rad from Reading to Kenilworth.... even if it is via Ross on Wye. But, thanks for the offer, I may come back to you if it goes pear-shaped.

Worth double checking on yours, if you are changing the bonnet. Using a MKII radiator, the filler nut hits on the bonnet frame, it needs "relieving"........ for it to fit. Mine had a MKI engine and rad in, which will fit without modification, but we are now using a MKII engine and ought to use a MKII rad as its better. MKI will fit, MKII needs a minor mod, and now is the time to do it before it gets painted!

Auto surround is yours......... as soon as I get it back that is, its still fitted, but its mint!

[quote=AlanChatterton]Hi Mike,

D'oh!!....... forgot about you!

quote]

How could you forget me !

Thank you for the autosurround.

My bonnet has a large circular cut in the left hand main support rail out where the radiator filler is, and I simply intend to cut the same hole in the "new" bonnet

rgds

mike

Rather than a cut out, the Lines cars just had a circular "dent"............ it only needs about half and inch of clearance.............

Mine will be done next week, so I can send you a picture if you want.......... or, perhaps being as your car is rather,.. ahem, special!..... it ought to be as it was built.

Archived