Overdrive Issues

Doig

Conversion to O/drive finally completed. Only one small issue its not working properly.

Do know the unit functions as it worked once albeit belatedly in third but you could feel it clearly kicking in.

I had only just refilled the gbox with oil, I though the odrive (J type) works hydraulically maybe the box needs a slight refill does the oil settle after being used? or does this sound like some other issue.

Would have thought I would feel kinda annoyed by this but at least I have a new clutch, gearbox mount and the new gbox feels a little more pleasant somehow :)

The overdrive unit does need to circulate the oil around but it doesn't hold that much. Are you sure all the inhibitor switches are working OK? Try unscrewing them and taking out the fibre washer then refitting them without that - it gives the ball of the switch and little less room to move and therefore compensates for wear.

Thanks Jase

I did check the inhibitor switch before I installed the box and it seemed to be working.

Think I'll replace the 2 spades under the washer bottle and check the wiring of the top switch. It did work once so I suppose thats a good sign.

I'll have a nother look this afternoon and see if I can make any progress

Archived