Overdrive Solenoid

Six_cylinder

Hi

I am in the process of replacing my overdrive solenoid on my Vitesse MkII as it has power to it, is free but does not operate. I have purchased a replacement from Rimmer Bro but it has no adjustment, just a fixed locating collar. I have phoned Rimmer Bro and they say that is the only one available now. I am aware it is important that the solenoid is adjusted correctly to ensure it only draws a holding current when engaged. Has any one fitted a non-adjustable solenoid and does it work ok?

Kind regards

Chris

Think I would talk to Dave twigger at OD spares Rugby  always helpfull
http://www.odspares.com/phdi/p1.nsf/supppages/odspares?opendocument&part=5

something here does not sound right,,  when talking Holding current is it  a D type you are talking about  , sol on the drivers side ????    peter

got to say thats a new one ,,,the 10amp pull in current is switched off by the solenoid core contacting a switch in the end of its case, down to aprox 0.5 amp when engaged, the pull rod is adjusted to get the lever to lift the valve ,, so non adjustable is mabe some evolution thta manages to get all the properties in the right place at the right time  Hmmmm  
still say talk to Dave Twigger as previous      hope it all works out...  let us all know    Pete

Archived