Head light wiring

Graham1

Hello, I have finally got round to wiring up the headlights on my 72 GT 6, I am confused and have forgotten how they go. The main coloured wires are ok, however I have a number of black earths wires on the main loop, one with a white narrow sleeve, then I have the two black on the lamps themselves. So my question is how do these earths go together I believe I have 3 in the main loom and then 2 from the lamps.
Graham

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Graham, I' surprised nobody has come back to you so it looks like you'll have to make do with me. One way or another you need to connect all the black earth wires together and thence to the heavy black earth in the loom. This will take the earth back to the battery. Normally bullet connectors are used. I hope this helps.

Hello John, Thanks for your reply. I thought I would have join them togethef however I was hoping someone would explain whether I needed to separate the deaths from the h headlights across the other three main earths or simple have them connected into a single or two main harness deaths. Also I was interested in understanding why one of the main earths had a white collar marker sleeve. Anyway joined the two lamp earths into a single main earth. I now have problems with the horn being continuously live, assume a short even when the steering wheel press button is removed.