INDICATORS WON'T CANCEL

ianb

While driving along I get that irritating fault that the indicators don't always cancel.
However I suddenly twig its always just one side. So time to investigate.
Aaaaaahh, one of the wee things has gone AWOL ( Absent without official leave for our non military members).
Ok so I order a new one on Ebay, but when it arrives I find it is not as well made as the original. Not a posetive snap if you know what I mean - a bit wooly.
So I set about repairing the existing one. First I laid the captive one on some sheet metal and spray so black paint to give the profile then cut out and drill new thing.
Fit and test. Does it work? You bet perfect, cancelled every time. Now sell new one on Ebay.

Mine have never self-cancelled, so I got into the habit of switching them off (almost always...) I bought a new switch for the GT6 resto, and that doesn't cancel either. It's not as rubbish as some repro parts but not to OE standard either. So I'll just have to drive the GT like the Herald, unless I get frustrated enough to fix it like you did. Brilliant work by the way.

herald948 wrote:
Agreed; nice work! Did that copper-looking pin/rivet come out and go back in easily, and did it then stay in place without any extra glue or ... whatever?

The pin had come adrift. I found it within the unit. The little striker which I made was lost,probably during the last ownership.
The pin has a thread but since it had come out I decided to add some Araldite ( my favourite glue) into the hole so that it won't come out again.
Cheers Ian

Archived