Revolution wheel stud shank size

neilnaz

What a catchy title eh?!

I am after information about the shank size of revolution wheel studs/sleeve nuts. I am going to order some alloy ones. I have standard wheel studs (3/8 UNF?) and want to order some alloy versions of the sleeve nuts. Could anyone please confirm whether I need 9/16 or 11/16 shank diameter sleeve nuts? I haven't got my car to hand but will check if noone can confirm.

Many thanks in advance

Neil

Thanks James! I am aware that this is the measurement for the wheel hole diameter and was just hoping that someone knew what that 'standard' dimension was as I was about to order some. I have to order the items specifying dimensions as opposed to buying ones that relate to a standard fitment Triumph Revolution wheel. As AJ said they have been supplied as 9 and 11/16 so I will measure mine.

Regards, Neil

I've seen the same 13" 4-spokes in both sizes (different sets obv)

11/16 is good - means you can go for larger studs if you want to.

I've got 11/16 on the Revs I plan to fit... Will have both sizes of studs - 3/8 front and M12 back... so two sizes of nuts... that's the plan anyway...

Hi James and AJ. I have been following discussions about people changing wheelstuds to M12 and can see the benefits. I had dismissed doing this but will bear it in mind for the future. I am waiting for my alloy sleeve nuts to replace the chrome ones that have got a little bit corroded in places.

James why bother only changing the rear studs? Is it just as the rear is where the risk is or something to do with your front set-up that precludes changing to larger studs?

Cheers, Neil

(Neilnaz logged on at home and have to pretend to be my twin!)

Archived