Vitesse Mk2 Leaf Spring

MarkB

Starting to build up the chassis on the Vitesse cleaning, painting and polly bushes everywhere and decided to strip down the leaf spring and sandblast and refurbish what I can. Covered 60.000 miles so I am sure its got lots of life left. The first six leafs are easy to remove and are good nick. The top four are clamped together. I was going to replace all four rubber buttons two will be easy but not sure about the ones sandwiched between the top three leafs. I've rebuilt a couple of swing springs which where straight forward. Anybody rebuilt a vitesse one before.

Thanks for that. A lot easier to prise open than I thought. Cleaned all the crustaceans that had formed between the leaves with a wire wheel, new buttons and bushes. Straight forward job. pleased i did it. I Smothered thick grease between the leaves before assembly and was thinking of wrapping it something like a greased up bandage, to help prevent it rusting up again. Whats your thoughts.

Hi Blue, the only issue I have with wrapping something to keep water out is if it is not done so it is %100 waterproof then water will get in and it will stay in causing a lot more damage than an open spring. And I cannot see how you can wrap a leaf spring so it is %100 sealed.
A good quality paint job is best.

Adrian

Archived