cowman

ahhhhh!!!.....i knew i was tempting fate by bragging about how well the trumpy went on the two recent big drives.
Went on a local club run, only 200 miles, almost home and i could smell hot oil.
Found the dizzy side of the bock with a film of oil covering it from the head down. No oil on head at all.
Ive only lost a couple of mls down the dipstick, so not much oil lost but enough to find and fix the problem.
Being no oil on head but from their down i thought small head gasket.
No oil in water or water in oil.
I still run the original canister oil filter, but has not been disturbed recently.
Changed dizzy recently with good s/hand unit, could oil leak from base?
I've checked base clamp and all seems fine but I'm sure there is an o-ring at base if dizzy?
No oil at front of engine, oil film starts from coil and moves back to g/box.
No oil leaks before this.
Any help appreciated.
Glen.

Thanks Andy, lucky i thought of this last minute as i was about to rip the head off.

Greeks, spoken to GTM today who tell me this is a "special" o-ring that they "happen" to stock.
Its probably just an ordinary o-ring but as I've ordered other parts they are throwing one in the post. Ive been a bit cheeky and asked for two or three.
PM your post address and i will send one down to you if you like.

blocked breather from rocker -this happend to the shed on the RBR 2,000 miles constant driving - lost nealy all its oil co driver thought the green oil light was the indicator repeater lamp coming on randomly -it was ok though as he woke me up in time to avoid terminal damge by driving into a deer at 40 mph

ajp wrote:
blocked breather from rocker -this happend to the shed on the RBR 2,000 miles constant driving - lost nealy all its oil co driver thought the green oil light was the indicator repeater lamp coming on randomly -it was ok though as he woke me up in time to avoid terminal damge by driving into a deer at 40 mph

I love reading your anecdotes AJP. They're always very entertaining!!!!!! ;D

Glad to entertain! back to oil film issue - I too thought the dizzy or fuel pump was to blame (didn’t even think to check the breather) as it was blocked oil was finding its way out everywhere- sussed it out at Dartmoor lodge area -lack of sleep had numbed my brain and to check the breather pipes leading to the carbs were not blocked I gave them a good suck filling my mouth/ lungs etc with a nice mix of super unleaded and octane booster tasted nice combined with the full strength Marlboro red I had on the go at the same time!

Archived