nadg63

I.m.h.o. 15x7 is max you should use on a TR7.
With those 205/50 section tyres are about the maximum size that you can accomodate without modifications to the (rear)arches. but ... being a product of the world famous BL 195/55 tyres can also scrape your arches.
Time for the good old "measurement is knowledge"

I know it's all a matter of taste, although comfort and handling will suffer if the side wall of the tyres gets to low.

Thanks folks,

Just had a look and it has 205/40/16's fitted - thought the profile looked a bit low!

When the time comes, (as in when it has been converted and back running), will scrub out the current tyres and replace them with 45 profiles to get things back nearer to normal diameter.

Vinnyfastcar wrote:
I ran 16x7 on my spit, had 215/40/16's on them - standard size for the 16" factory wheels on mg tf's (both pics 16x7).

just saying what size tyre I ran on my 16x7 as asked :-)

(top pic courtesy of Ferny!)

Looks very nice, yellow is definately the go IMHO.

bmcecosse wrote:
Post up some pics so we can see how it looks!

Just rolled it out of the shed for a couple of quick pics - apologies for the total lack of artistic inspiration!

Reckon when the time comes lower suspension will be on the cards.............!?

beans wrote:
car looks really nice   ;)
But i.m.h.o those wheels are way to big/tyre walls to skinny to be comfortable ...

Yes, profile is too low, but who is worried about comfort - it's a 'sports' car, though a TR7 is probably stretching that description more than a bit! (have a ride in my WRX with 18's and uprated suspension, makes the TR feel like an armchair!)

But as said, when tyres are worn out I will be going to a higher profile road legal race type tyre as that will be ideal for what I will be using it for.

Archived