Rubber Bumpers +Roll bar + overiders 13/60

pinklady54

Hi, = Is it difficult to replace bumpers?
I happen to have a new set and want to put them on front,
also original Stanpart  roll bar was found in my loft (been there 30 years) today mine is rusty!, and nearly broken through on one side?
is this difficult or any tips on putting this on please would be appreciated

anyone know where to get Overiders Rechromed or chrome painted please.
Thanks in advance :)

Easy to replace bumpers, grease them up well with waxoyl or other similar slippery stuff, hook the top edge over the fitting strip then work your fingers along the bottom edge, pulling it out and over the fitting strip edge. Be careful it isn't sharp! You won't simply slide them along from side to side....
Make sure the roll bar is correct for your car or it will affect the steering (oversteer / understeer, depends on the bar), but fitting is relatively simple. Change the bushes at the same time, polybushes are nice!
As for rechroming, make sure you go to someone good; I have a set of rear overriders which were rechromed years ago for an-ongoing Herald restoration and I recently noticed the chrome has become so badly crazed you can't make out your reflection - and this car has never left the garage since they were fitted. You're safer going the extra expense at the beginning and have them properly done, with a finish that will last years.