Bodywork/Painting

thebrookster

Another query.

I am slowly developing small rust patches on my Mk1. I will be rubbing these down and curing/painting them to prevent any further major damage, however I am fast coming to the conclusion that the time is approaching where I need to consider having the body fully stripped down and repainted. I know already I need one rear arch replacing as it was repaired in previous ownership but the repair section was hand made (this was before Lloyd started making the new panels).

So basically, does anyone a) have suggestions as too who to approach for this kind of work, and b) anyone who has done similar please give me an idea on pricing (pm if you don't want to adveritise prices, though I only want a guide).

Simply, I will be wanting a complete body resto. Any panels replaced as needed, and a complete respray. I would also be asking for small (hmmm) jobs like headling to be done. I would strip as much as I can put initially, so the car might have drivers seat and instruments as a guide.

Overall price is not my issue (being a Mk1 I want to keep it on the road in nice condition) but I will need to budget for it in advance. Distance is not a problem. Also does not need to be a formal garage, if any forum members have the skills and are interested please let me know!!

Just to add, I am theoretically capable of doing the work, but to be honest I do not have the patience to undertake it.

Cheers,

Phil

Phil,

Andy fitted new sills to my saloon, did a very good job especially considering how much he charged, his work has guaranteed the imminent future of my car and I am grateful to him for that.

I would not hesitate to use Andy again.

Dave Picton (Picton Sportscars) rebuilt my GT6 and my Spitfire, his work is excellent. Not as cheap as Andy, but the panel fit he has achieved on my GT6 is superb.

Again, would not hesitate to use Dave again.

Both good blokes.