GT6Steve

Hey guys,
I've got this old "tool kit" that I'm sure came out of an American spec sedan.  Would've had to be a Vitesse or Herald.  Anybody need it?  Is it common on your side or just US Spec.  It has no value but might be appropriate to finish a kit?  I don't know...

From the picture, I'll assume this came out of a GT6+ with the original "pseudo-ROstyle" wheel covers. That silvery tool laid on the pouch just under the flap looks to be the special tool used to remove those "wonderful" wheel covers. I don't think I ever had that little tool in my GT6+. :(

herald948 wrote:
From the picture, I'll assume this came out of a GT6+ with the original "pseudo-ROstyle" wheel covers. That silvery tool laid on the pouch just under the flap looks to be the special tool used to remove those "wonderful" wheel covers. I don't think I ever had that little tool in my GT6+. :(

The hubcap tool is what made me assume it was from a Saloon.  I've never seen the pouch with a GT6.  
So a feeler gage should be with it?

heraldcoupe wrote:
What about the "helicopter" feeler gauges, surely the holy grail of toolkit items?
Cheers,
Bill.

Only if you have the correct set for the model of car.  
There were at least two different sets made, one for the TRs and one for the small chassis cars.  The difference being the thickness of the leaves.

GT6Steve wrote:

The hubcap tool is what made me assume it was from a Saloon.  I've never seen the pouch with a GT6. ...
Perhaps that is because the vast majority of the "Mk1" GT6s sold in the US came equipped with wire wheels. Otherwise, they'd have had the typical "dog dish" hub caps ala Herald and Spitfire. Only the GT6+ in the US was equipped "standard" with the fake mag wheel covers for which the usual prybar hubcap tool in the tool kit would not work.

Steve, I recall a number of my cars having had the red pouch. I'm almost positive that both my dad's and my Heralds had them, along with my Mk3 Spitfire and GT6+. So they WERE common; on the other hand, they still seem to have some value, as they were easily "lost" along the way. ;)

Anyone know where the blue pouches were used? One of the well known jumblers was selling NOS blue pouches for many years. These were identical to the red ones in all except colour. They were supposedly for export cars, yet I've never seen any reference to them, and plenty pictures of export cars with red pouches.
Cheers,
Bill.

Archived