Toledo Man

As soime of you will know these are in short supply and service kits are probably non-existent. But I read somewhere that they are supposed to be the same as the Gold Wing carbs. BL did raid the Honda parts bin so it might be possible. The only way to find out would be to check with a knowledgable Gold Wing owner. There's a Honda bike dealer in Keighley (Colin Appleyard) who might be able to give me the answer so I might just try them to see if they can help. I've been through my manuals and parts catalogue and I'm no wiser as to the type. It is just a Kehein sidedraft carb. If I take my spare set of carbs and my manuals Colin Appleyard's might be able to help.

Thnks for your input Hugh. There must be a Honda bike that uses the same carbs because the carbs on the Acclaim are supposed to be bike carbs. I might have to take the plunge and join yet another forum to get some answers. I know there's one for Honda Goldwings. Maybe I should widen my net and try other models of Honda bikes or even find a Civic forum. Acclaims were Honda Ballades which in turn were saloon version of the 2nd generation Civic.

Edit: I've just e-mailed the local are rep for the Gold Wing club to see if they can be of any help.

I've been told by 2 people that the 2nd Gen Civic 1300S used the same carbs.

I've been in contact with the GoldWing club and there's a local carb guru who might have some suitable spares so it might be worth checking out. I've been e-mailing their technical bloke and I was only able to provide the info that was in the workshop manual. Any other info on the carbs would be helpful.

to my knowledge the civic 1335cc Sport mk2 iss the same engine and carbs as the acclaim i have had 6 of these engines ( so far ) but i don't know of any others i have looked at some pictures of the goldwing carbs and they look similar, don't know how similar but it would be nice to have some of that chrome on one of our carbs lol, good luck with the search

Archived