Door seal rubbers

A TR7 16V

I fitted new door rubbers a while back cos the wind blowing in the front of the doors was freezing bits I didn't want frozen. I wasn't that concerned when the doors got hard to close cos I thought that would pass as they settled in. However, it ain't.

As it happens I was looking at seals for the Dolomite bonnet, and came across these, which look to be a much lower profile than the ones I fitted:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Small-Car-Door-Boot-Bonnet-Rubber-Edge-Edging-Trim-Seal-Protect-Protection/222979493230?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

So, the question is, did I get sold the wrong ones, and would these likely solve the problems or would they let the draught in again?

Graham

• 4 months later...

Well I finally got around to buying thinner door seal rubbers as pointed at in the first post and they fit much, much better than the ones I was first sold. I can now shut both doors properly, down to being able to close them with a shove when there already at the latch. I had the strikers out as far as they would go with the too thick rubbers and they would only shut for a real slam.

Whether these new ones are too thin is a question. But it's absolutely clear to me the ones I was sold were too fat.

Graham