Stag front and rear chrome trim refitting

Robin Searle

Having had my Stag completely repainted. now fitting the front and rear chrome trim,tried one piece with the clips already inside the trim,even with Vaseline, but does not fit well.So my question is does one fit the clips to the body edge and then tap the chrome trim on afterwards,or trim normally slides into trim before fitting????
As it is minus 16C outside,5C in the garage I do not want to be out there any longer than possible. :( :(

I did mine with the clips in the trims first, then fit that to the car.

But, since I did that I read about others throwing all the clips away and using a bonding glue/sealnt type stuff to stick them on.  That way the sharp edges of the clips don't ruin your frsh paint job.
The chips inthe paint end up being corrosion points within a very short time no matter how much protection agent you apply.
When mine gets painted again I too will go the same route as described above even though the drawback may be that the trim will be very hard to remove in the future.

7316 wrote:

As it is minus 16C outside,5C in the garage I do not want to be out there any longer than possible. :( :(

We were not allowed to to install power cables when below 0C, since the PVC insulation became hard and brittle. The trim is made from similar materials so would recommend you wait until its warmer before you fit it