13/60 Exhaust Fitting

Alan Thomas

Treating my 13/60 Convertible to a new stainless steel exhaust cos the old one was badly rusted and silencer joint covered in gun gum by previous owner for MOT. The old one hung below the chassis and was a 2 part; pipe & silencer. New one is 3 part down pipe to just behind the gearbox, middle pipe and silencer.
QUESTION should the pipe run in between the chassis rails (it seems to fit but the U bolt needs to be studs up and i am worried about fouling the propshaft & knocking against chassis) or should it hang beneath??
Looks nice & shiny and i still have a manifold stud to replace  
If anyone has a photo handy of how it might fit or advise best location, would appreciate.
Shown is how it looks with the U bolt resting on the chassis rails - if i tighten it all up it should rise up a bit for clearance but is that enough??

It should run between the chassis rails but the late Heralds had too few hangers to support it properly. I'd go with the earlier spec and add a hanger off the diff nose cross-piece - there should be a hole above the notch that's obvioulsy intended for the exhaust to run under.