Indicator wiring help

barrymknight

Hi all,

Looking for some advise as usual!! The wires in my indicator stalk were brittle and came apart so I purchased a new stalk and am attempting to fit it.

I thought it would be a simple task. Just three bullet connectors.

However, upon trying to connect the new one I realise I have no idea what plugs in where! I have three wires coming from the new stalk. All appear to be purple and green. Coming from the loom I have three connectors. Two are double (so two holes) and the other is single. Sadly I can't see any colour on these but I think one has a white trace.

With trial and error and can get one indicator working. But only ever one. Any help would be appreciated. (if it makes a difference, I do not have a hazard unit).

Thanks,

Barry

3647 wrote:
Thanks Andy. I'll try harder to identify the colours!

With the connectors being doubles, does it matter which one of the two connectors I put the wire in for each side??

Barry

Hi Barry, if I have understood you correctly, the double connectors just enable the interconnection of front and rear indicators and the feed. They all connect together in the bullet receptacle so it doesn't matter which end the cable goes.

John

Archived