fitting hazard light switch

triumphlux

I am currently putting a new wiring loom in my Spitfire Mk1 and I include a few modification like boot lamp, relays for the headlights and so on.

Now I also want to fit a hazard light switch from a Spit 1500.
My question, does anybody know which is the best way to include the switch in the wiring :
- keep the original 3 connector flasher unit and take the current from the flasher unit to the hazard switch
or
- modify for the 2 connector flasher unit as used an the late Spitfires.

If the first solution works, how do you connect the hazard switch to the original wiring ?
I will also try to connect all the wires with the correct bullet connectors and not to bodge the new loom.

I did this on a Herald about 15 years ago. I can't remember the specifics, the main complication was a lack of wiring diagram for the switch. If you know the pin-outs on your switch it should be fairly easy to work out a wiring schedule.
I retained the standard 3-pin flasher unit, with a seperate hazzard flasher unit added into the circuit. I was rather pleased at not having to cut a single wire, though I think a couple of additional link wires were needed.
Cheers,
Bill.

This Can easily be built and added to existing indicator circuit on your car. The Flasher relay must be a 4x21 watt relay. Using  an electronic relay gives a constant flash rate. The Diodes are a 3 amp device, and are there to allow normal operation of the indicators when the hazards are switched off. Its important to note the polarity when fitting ( make sure white line is as diagram)

Archived