fwdtina

Got  my 1300FWD running but now have come across a new problem . Clutch not working , won't go into gear while running . Adjusted to the book but still no joy . Have read somewhere about jacking the car up then starting it up in gear and then slamming the breaks on !! Does seem a bit extreme or  do I just strip it down .

Carb works then?  :)

If the pedal feels like a clutch pedal under your foot (if you see what I mean) and the car has been stood for a while then it is quite possible the clutch plate is rusted to the flywheel.  Dependant on time sat/storage conditions you may be able free this off.

The method you mention is one possible way (obviously the clutch pedal needs to be down when you step on the brakes!)

You can also warm the engine then try starting in gear (4th, handbrake on, wheels chocked) though given the FWD starter arrangements I'm not sure I'd risk it.......

IIRC clutch dismantling is pretty easy in these?

Nick

on the fwd, just remove the heater fan box (for access), remove the cover over the clutch, then you can lever the plate off the flywheel with a screwdriver (assuming stuck clutch is your problem.  

With little more work, the whole clutch can be changed in situ in 30 mins!