Acclaim carb type

fern

I need to rebuild the Keihin Carbs on my Acclaim. Does anyone know where i can find the rebuild kits? Also I would like the model numbers stamped on the carburator so I could maybe do a search. The Triumph is in Portugal and I am in the USA. I will be flying out there in June on holiday and to possibly get it running.
Thanks in advance for all your help. 

All I can suggest is that you approach your local Honda dealer. It probably won't be cheap but you should get what you need. Just tell them that it is the same car as the Ballade of the same year and don't forget to mention that your Acclaim has twin carbs. Failing that you could always buy another set of carbs. (eBay should turn something up)

Hope this helps.

I've been looking through my Acclaim literature, and nowhere can I find any model number for the carbs, not even in the factory workshop manual or training notes. The Ballade upon which the Acclaim was based was not available in the UK, and had a single carburettor. I don't know if the twin Keihins were used on any other contemporary Honda.
My own Acclaim is going to need a tune-up one I've fixed the blowing exhaust manifold gasket, so I've been looking for more info in advance of this. All online sources I've found for Keihin parts have been bike orientated. I can't believe the Acclaim carb is that peculiar, but without model numbers finding bits could be challenging,
Cheers,
Bill.

I'll see if I can get the part number off the microfiche we have - if I can find a reader to use in the library one day. Does anyone know how to get a microfiche printed so I can read it at my leisure?! The Acclaim parts lists only came in this format, they were never printed like other cars' parts lists.

• 2 weeks later...

Youll proberbly find that its the vacume pipes on the inlet manifold that are leaking. couple that up with a perforated diafragm on the distributer, then it will be a wonder that any fuel gets to the chambers. replace the pipes with the offending 10mm or so removed from them, and it should last another 10 years or so, but generaly the carbs dont need much in the way of work.

Archived