jplace

Is there any comparison documentation between the stock 2 carb TR6 Stromberg 175 manifold and aftermarket 3 carb setup? If you look at the firing order and the pulse balance, it appears that the 3 carb setup would be out of balance. I guess what I'm asking is there any actual gain in usable pwer with the 3 carb setup? Ive resolved my compression ratio and cam issues with help on this forum. One last item and I'm ready for a fast ride.

I dont believe there are any problems with the triple carb set up.
It has worked well on many cars. Inc the the triumph 2000 MD in australia
See richard goodparts webb site for triple carb information.
I think the key to this set up is rolling road time to get the correct needles/mixture

I've not experienced, nor heard of any such problems. If there were such it should have reared it's head with triple DCOE's as well.

I don't think that this setup (triple strombergs or SU's) need as much dyno time as DCOE's to set up. Most people in the US that I have talked to about them are at or near sea level and have good results with the standard needle. I live at 5,000 feet and go up in altitude to play in the canyons and the Rocky Mountains. I had horrible issues with the standard needles and after finding an overall leaner needle, have had excellent results with my triple stromberg set up.

I have no personal experience with comparing my performance engine with tri-carbs vs. twin carbs as it's had triples from the get go. However, stock TR6's can run lean at high RPM, which speaks of under carbueration to me. Just my opinion though. Another option to explore with twin carbs is fitting HD or HS 8's. The two inch SU's. The stock manifold only needs to be slightly modified to smooth the transition from carb to manifold.

8)

Archived