Herald 13/60 accelerator cable / carb setup

Paudman

I'm working on a 13/60 that was dismantled pre- 2002 by a previous owner so I've no idea of what many of the parts look like or where they currently are...
The accelerator cable attachment at the carb is particularly confusing at the moment; I remember there being a bracket which attaches to the manifold but haven't seen one in years (my Heralds are all 1200s...)
Can someone post a photo of the assembly or the bracket so I know what to rummage for in the spare parts bins?
Photo of the offending area attached. i may need a bracket and spring so if anyone has one spare get in touch!
Colin

this is the best I can come up with at present:

the idea is that a spring between the upper and the lower acc.cable attachement  keep the throttle closed. Pushing the pedal compress the spring. The cable runs through the spring.
the lower acc.cable attachement is indeed a bracket fitted to the exhaust manifold.

regards Flemming

Thanks Flemming; that's a help with the size and shape of the assembly, it's somewhat different from the 1200 setup.... I need the memory of an elephant to work on this car, it's so long since it was dismantled.
I can't find a good photo of the bracket or any mention in an illustrated parts catalogue to help me rummage through my spares tho... anyone got a photo of the bracket? I could probably make something if necessary, all I need is a template or image to work from.

The original bracket is flat steel and is clamped between teh exhaust and inlet manifolds. I had to make a bracket for my 13/60 but I haven't got the car any more so I can't photograph it for you. I used a piece of aluminium iron and bolted it to the exhaust manifold (if I remember correctly). The bracket had two other holes in, one to accept the cable screw on nipple, and the other to accept the sliding rod. The spring slides over the rod and presses against the bracket. Here is my attempt to draw it, etch-a-sketch style -

By Golly I think I may have found one! Systematic reorganisation of the upstairs storage facility in other words a rummage through the garage roofspace found a box of carb parts, amongst them this potential candidiate.
Am I right that this is the correct bracket? Another step towards completion then...

It's got more of a step than the orginal one I had but still looks good for the job from the little I can see. Two holes at one end, one at the other?

Assuming mine was as fited at the factory, then the bracket is clamped between the exhaust and inlet manifold by a bolt that screws in to the inlet manifold. Mine had stripped in the alloy casting, hence the reason I made a replacemnet bracket I could attach elsewhere, so take care when tightening yours.

Archived