Triumph Castle Combe Track day 10 May 2022

Kev Bryant

Enjoy your Triumph to the full on 10 May 2022.

Priced at just £140, this offers great value for money not to be beaten elsewhere. 

What's more, you'll be surrounded by other classic car owners (Triumphs, MGs and Jaguars) so you know you are in good company and will have a great day.

Book now at Track Day (tr-registershop.co.uk)  Open to all Triumph owners

No speed limits
Plenty of track time
Plenty of space
Track shared with other classic car owners
Second drivers and passengers permitted

Images of you on the track included within the package

Kev

TR Register Track Day Coordinator442077422_tr.reg0510161105.thumb.jpg.8f38d14184023ae1f1c9aec7188a76cf.jpg

• Like 3

Pete, I will be there. And I think a few peeps will be along to watch.

These really are well organised days, and very good value. Usually they put people in groups according to experience, and "behaviour" on track is excellent. (Cafe is good too!)

Buy a helmet? Get full face and I use a motor bike one, with the gold sticker meaning it meets a decent standard, though not suitable for proper racing or whatever. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PeteStupps said:

Nice one Clive, yes you're right I should buy a helmet. I don't think any self-respecting motorcycling friends would lend theirs out anyway, thinking about it. 

You can pick something made by a "proper manufacturer to te ECE standards for under £50. That is what I have. I presume it will do its job well IF ever neded. 

Don't get open face as some places don't allow them with open top cars. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/04/2022 at 13:10, PeteStupps said:

I'm well up for this, just need to borrow a helmet from somewhere and book the day off work. And arrange to stay at my aunt's near Chippenham the night before! 

Anyone else going for it? 

@Kev Bryant are the other track-days for TRR members only? I quite fancy Cadwell Park or Snetterton as well

Castle Combe will loan you a helmet.  No need to buy if you don't have one.

as well as the TRs with have Spitfires, Sprints, MGs, a Lotus and Vitesse.

As for Cadwell and Snetterton, as long as you are in a Triumph that's fine.  Kev

• 2 weeks later...

Enormously enjoyable day on the track on Tuesday, thoroughly recommend it for anyone with a car in good nick. Many thanks to @Kev Bryant for organising - I enjoyed watching him screeching round the last corner into the home straight as well. 

My first track day and was glad to have sage advice from Nick Jones and @Clive throughout. 

I tried videoing a couple of sessions with my phone - results aren't too bad if you don't mind shaky low-resolution with wind noise, and the sound of a screw rolling around in the ashtray. It captures about 5% of the intensity felt in real life...

DSC_9385.jpg

DSC_9390.jpg

DSC_9391.jpg

DSC_9395.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

• Like 3