Removal of fuel tank

D412REN

This won’t be the best technical answer you’ll get but presuming you’ve undone all the retaining nuts and released the bottom pipes that leaves the top filler pipe! Which can be a bugger! So climb in the boot and give some wrangling in all directions to break the rubber seal, with a bit of luck it will then come out simples! Well that’s what the blind man did!

yes the free to download work shop manual says theres four screws and one bolt to remove. Then once the fuel pipe and level sender electrics are disconnected its free to come out except as Adrian says it may be stuck a bit by the filler neck or drain plug seals however these should break free with some wiggling and the tank threaded out....

7 hours ago, Adrianb said:

This won’t be the best technical answer you’ll get but presuming you’ve undone all the retaining nuts and released the bottom pipes that leaves the top filler pipe! Which can be a bugger! So climb in the boot and give some wrangling in all directions to break the rubber seal, with a bit of luck it will then come out simples! Well that’s what the blind man did!

Get in the BOOT 😂😂 I’m 6’5 🙈 there’s no hope for that. 

31 minutes ago, D412REN said:

Get in the BOOT 😂😂 I’m 6’5 🙈 there’s no hope for that. 

I`m 72 and just finished underneath Spitfire repairs , and a total restoration.....then events.....and the Ten CR....Get In Das Boot😄. Remember...stuff the filler neck(for fumes) and dont create any sparks

32 minutes ago, Velocita Rosso said:

I`m 72 and just finished underneath Spitfire repairs , and a total restoration.....then events.....and the Ten CR....Get In Das Boot😄. Remember...stuff the filler neck(for fumes) and dont create any sparks

Oooops ...I thought you said you were 65!!😁

Is the problem the filler pipe to body seal/gasket, if so separate it from the body push that out from inside the boot pushing it up the filler pipe. And or is it that the sponge ring around the bottom drain pipe has gone solid and rusted to both the boot floor and tank drain pipe?

Edited by standardthread