WANTED - Herald Saloon or Estate 13/60 or 12/50

AndyPaps

Please help me fill my garage!! 😃

I am looking for a fully running, on the road, Herald 13/60 or 12/50 saloon or estate which is rot free and/or restored. MOT'd or MOT-able please.

Overdrive and a fabric sunroof would also be good.

Perfect paintwork not essential as I quite like a bit of patina!

I'm also open to upgrades such as disk brakes, alternator, alloys or even a Spitfire engine!

I am in Tenterden, Kent.

Budget of up to £6k

Many thanks

Andy

andy.papwort65@gmail.com

Empty garage.jpg

Edited by AndyPaps
Add model details

• AndyPaps changed the title to WANTED - Herald Saloon or Estate 13/60 or 12/50
2 hours ago, AndyPaps said:

Thanks Amy

If only it wasn't at the other end of the country 

You'll find you're going to clock up quite a few miles looking for the right car. My search for a spitfire took me from Oxford to Nottingham, Portsmouth, Reigate, Bedford, London and finally bought my car from Portishead.

The Heralds are all 50+ years old & as with most cars of the time, they weren't exactly rustproofed, there will be quite a lot of basket cases out there. As there aren't very many up for sale at any given time you will need to be prepared to travel. The one I shared in my previous reply sounds like it's had a fair amount of money thrown at it. It's probably worth contacting the seller and asking if they would be willing to meet somewhere halfway (It's worth noting their ad was posted over a month ago, if they're keen to sell they might be obliging).

Andy, I too am at the other end of the country, not far from yhe estate !

My 13/60 factory CV is also for sale due to health reasons. I am afraid it will be nearly 50% over your budget if you wand the hard top,  spares and accessories!

It has been fully refurbished but door bottoms and paint work are 6 footers:)

20220521_114446.jpg

20220521_114346.jpg

20220420_114240.jpg

20210904_121921.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andy,

I have a hard top 13/60 for sale, bit far for you maybe... I'm in Bath but it is MOTd until October and runs well. May need a new battery soon as that can be an issue but apart from that it's good.

Email me for more details if you're interested.

karinjay21@gmail.com

20220611_174258.jpg

20220611_174230.jpg

20220611_174200.jpg

20220611_174026.jpg

20220611_174009.jpg

Edited by Craig

• 3 weeks later...