Green Flag

Fixer6

I have just renewed my Green Flag breakdown cover. Just like last year the renewal price had increased and just like last year I checked the website price. Both times about £17 less than the renewal letter. After a telephone call they again matched the website price.
Probably worth checking if you have Green Flag.

As a valued customer you will always find that your premiums will increase! That’s why you’re a valued customer! I found it best always to shop around find the deals but it always comes back to what you’re comfortable with it’s the same with insurance don’t wait for the renewal just go shopping two months before then play the game with your insurance company and get your best deal!

Apart from the first few weeks of classic ownership (transferred a "modern" insurance policy onto the Spitfire before cancelling and shifting to a classic policy) I've always just gone with the breakdown cover included in the policy. On the 2 occasions I've needed it in the last 9 years they've been fine. 

• Like 1

Same as our Virgin broadband. It has been £22, suddenly jumped to £40. A quick call, all sorted. I asked how long the contract was for, 18 months the nice lady said. "What happens after that?" I asked. Reply "we will probably be having this conversation again!" 

Yes, you have to keep on top of stuff, otherwise they will fleece you. But as others have said, my bundled cover has been perfect the 2 times I have used it. For our "modern" cars we have breakdown from our bank account. No age limit either!

At least with car insurance the companies are no longer allowed to charge existing customers more than if they had been new customers.

I assume all tha,t means is that they now charge new customers the same higher rate as existing customers  rather than offering the lower rate to the existing ones.