Standard speedo vs GPS speedo

Piran2

So, I was quite sure that the speedo wasn't reading correctly, I got one of the Eling GPS speedometers to see how they compared (I  don't know how acurate the GPS speedo is at this point) but comparing the two and the Herald is reading about 0.75 of the GPS one through out the speed range. 

speedo.png

1 hour ago, Piran2 said:

So, I was quite sure that the speedo wasn't reading correctly, I got one of the Eling GPS speedometers to see how they compared (I  don't know how acurate the GPS speedo is at this point) but comparing the two and the Herald is reading about 0.75 of the GPS one through out the speed range. 

speedo.png

Don`t forget to take the whee land tyre sizes into consideration along with which diff you have. 

15 hours ago, Velocita Rosso said:

Don`t forget to take the whee land tyre sizes into consideration along with which diff you have. 

According to Sue's satnav my 4A speedo is spot on at all speeds up to the Motorway and dual carriageway NSL (don't know how accurate the Garmin is though). I took a recent opportunity to check the odometer against kilometre posts on a decent stretch of the M4 and found it to be under-reading by just 0.3%. Speedograph Richfield did an excellent job when they overhauled the intrument some 40 years ago!

Tim

3 hours ago, Tim Hunt said:

According to Sue's satnav my 4A speedo is spot on at all speeds up to the Motorway and dual carriageway NSL (don't know how accurate the Garmin is though). I took a recent opportunity to check the odometer against kilometre posts on a decent stretch of the M4 and found it to be under-reading by just 0.3%. Speedograph Richfield did an excellent job when they overhauled the intrument some 40 years ago!

Tim

After finding I had speedo problems(not working) I bought a digital speedometer, which gives speed in mph/kph, one hour wake up  bleep, max speed setting eg when going through mway speeds re road works, and is really good. Then when doing routine maintenance  found the angle drive dangling on the silencer. Refitted and with new cable.....and now speedo works ,spot on to electronic speedometer. 

• Like 1

On 18/07/2022 at 20:41, Velocita Rosso said:

Wheels are 155s so that should give about a 3% difference, don't know about the diff.