10 CR logos -

Howard

Was just about the put the 10CR stickers on my car when I started to wonder if they might be politically insensitive & encourage vandalism of our cars.

With the cost of energy going through the roof across the whole of Europe it might not be a good idea to advertise to the general public that we are driving 2000 miles in five days. As we already had an issue during the last RBRR & since Europe is known for its Green supporters I suggest it would be sensible to only use the top half of the sticker on the cars to avoid drawing attention to the details.

IMHO they are best stickers to date, but what is the consensus?

I don't see it being any more of a problem that you might have simply by driving a car that has come some distance already, i.e. from outside the EU.

It is very common, almost an obligation, for Parisians to drive down to the med for their hols. That's around 1000Kms each way.

A friend who lives about 16 kms from me went from home to son N°1 in Cherbourg for a few days then drove to son N°2 in Aix en Provence before returning home.

Just enjoy the scenery and fingers crossed the weather is good.

I have only once had a problem. I was heckled by a Swiss “gentleman” in a Swiss motorway rest area in 2017. I think his objection was mostly that I left the engine running for the few moments it took us to change drivers (the starter had had a couple of misdemeanours that day and I wasn’t looking to give it another opportunity). Difficult to be sure as he was harangueing me in Schweitzer Deutsch. However, as he was driving a Merc S600 (yes, the V12 one, he needed a big car though, corpulent really doesn’t do him justice), I was not inclined to be lectured by him and told him so, and why….. Not rude, but firm. Reckon he understood me well enough 🙂

Nick

• Haha 1

It would take some pretty good eyesight and reading of English at 60mph, to understand the stickers. The only time the cars would be stationary would be at hotels(at night) and services...for short stops ...and the command of English from most French/German/Italian public would be limited in understanding what we were doing. If in France and asked a question...respond in Italian etc ....it confuses most people. 

9 minutes ago, Nick Jones said:

I have only once had a problem. I was heckled by a Swiss “gentleman” in a Swiss motorway rest area in 2017. I think his objection was mostly that I left the engine running for the few moments it took us to change drivers (the starter had had a couple of misdemeanours that day and I wasn’t looking to give it another opportunity). Difficult to be sure as he was harangueing me in Schweitzer Deutsch. However, as he was driving a Merc S600 (yes, the V12 one, he needed a big car though, corpulent really doesn’t do him justice), I was not inclined to be lectured by him and told him so, and why….. Not rude, but firm. Reckon he understood me well enough 🙂

Nick

Did you give him some Ibuprofen to calm him down?😜