Essex Winter 12 Car Navigational Rally

Results as requested.

Tim / Pierre - TR4 - 29F

Clive / Gill - Spitfire - 21F

Steve // Richard - 2.5 - 17F

Nigel / Dale - 2000 - 14F

Leighton / Alison - 2.5 - 11F (8F + 3F)

Mark / Mike - Spitfire - 10F

Leighton and Alison had 3 fails for being past due time, Mike and Mark were well inside due time. Both crews completed the route, the rest cut towards the end.

I have been out collecting the boards on the last 1/3, and all were still in place except 1 dummy board that was there earlier as 1 crew recorded it, will collect rest in next few days, see how many went missing.

We had expected some crews to just leave as early as possible and plot in sections, on way round. 

Looks like the drivers had a good time, slipping and sliding round the lanes of Essex and Suffolk, not so sure about the navigators!

And one final thing for a few of you.... READ THE FINALS!!! There may be a clue or 2 in there, it cost a few of you a fail.

1 hour ago, thescrapman said:

Been checking, every code board was seen by someone today, so I think they were all still there.

Last 11 still there, 1 of them was only seen by me as I picked it up!

Ahem, not "seen by me" as written, more "missed by me but spotted by the driver", lol! 

Thanks to everyone who took the time to come out to play. 

Well done to the winners - 1st expert (and 1st overall) - Mike & Mark and 1st beginners - Alison & Leighten. 

Hopefully you all enjoyed it including the food at start and finish.  Miya enjoyed her first time out marshalling and I realised that I also have gotten very rusty!

Regards,  Mike

Thanks again to Colin, Mike (and family), and Darren for putting on a really great event today; even the rain more or less behaved itself. It was very well run and the route and organisation was spot on, and the 80mile length was just about perfect I thought.

I enjoyed it very much and it was a great opportunity to get back into post-Covid driving events after what must be at least a couple of years for me.

Thanks again - Mike

Edited by sparky_spit

Well, that was a grand day out, thanks to the efficient organisation both before and during the event so well done to all contributors, including the junior marshals!

Tim and I somehow. managed to accumulate 29 fails, and I have to publicly thank Tim for his patience in coping with my late calls for turns, resulting in gaining much unneeded practice with 3 and 7 point turns.

To conclude: thank you all, organisers and participants alike for an enjoyable day touring around somewhere in Essex and Suffolk.

Pierre

• 4 months later...