Mabel’s black headlining turns white

Wendy Dawes

This weekend, apart from unfortunately hitting  young stag on Cannock Chase and denting the bonnet on my Lovely Peugeot,  Darren and I spent the rest of the weekend changing Mabel’s headlining from Black, (  which someone had decided to do before I got her) back to a more respectable and original looking off white 

looks so much better

Edited by Wendy Dawes
Added photos
  • Like 3

Last Thursday I went to the Silver Ball cafe on the A10 near Royston for a nice drive out and a spot of lunch.

Driving along the A10 I found two very large Red Deer (I think) in the hedgerow. About 1 mile  apart and both very dead.

Whatever hit them would have had significant damage.

At the cafe there were two Trojan micro cars and a Durkoff 1957 scooter - all three in concours condition.

The TRojans were an Isetta shaped bubble car in red and a Messerschmidt shaped micro.

All three were stunning.

Roger 

• Like 1

Looks nice Wendy👍 bonnet not so but on the plus side they can do massive damage.

I had a narrow escape a few years ago driving down a straight narrow country road with high hedges either side when a deer jumped over the hedge on the left landing on the road a foot or so in front of the car and without breaking stride it jumped over the hedge on the right and vanished.  The fields either side and the deer before and after were invisible as the road was at a lower level.  If the car had arrived fractions of a second earlier it would have either landed on the bonnet or the roof like I'd been bombed so no chance of avoiding it which is quite a scary  as they seriously can jump.

A friend of mine hit a deer head on and did a lot of damage to his car and as a result fitted a siren to his grille which apparently emits a high pitch sound when moving that is inaudible to humans but is supposed to warn wildlife.  Don't know how effective or "deer' they are though 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kevin R said:

Looks nice Wendy👍 bonnet not so but on the plus side they can do massive damage.

I had a narrow escape a few years ago driving down a straight narrow country road with high hedges either side when a deer jumped over the hedge on the left landing on the road a foot or so in front of the car and without breaking stride it jumped over the hedge on the right and vanished.  The fields either side and the deer before and after were invisible as the road was at a lower level.  If the car had arrived fractions of a second earlier it would have either landed on the bonnet or the roof like I'd been bombed so no chance of avoiding it which is quite a scary  as they seriously can jump.

A friend of mine hit a deer head on and did a lot of damage to his car and as a result fitted a siren to his grille which apparently emits a high pitch sound when moving that is inaudible to humans but is supposed to warn wildlife.  Don't know how effective or "deer' they are though 😂

Think I got off lightly, I’ve seen cars written off from deer at least there’s only cosmetic damage.  

The siren sounds like a good idea though, I’ll look into that 👍 

22 minutes ago, Wendy Dawes said:

Think I got off lightly, I’ve seen cars written off from deer at least there’s only cosmetic damage.  

The siren sounds like a good idea though, I’ll look into that 👍 

There's a good one on ebay... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234625947952?hash=item36a0cbd930:g:gc8AAOSw1E1i0nlK&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoF%2BpghInTazIv1w5fVg76geVtIO3DJaxRt%2FNdjRZ817snfy1fL65rL52F4qB0NsGPB4aXGM912Srk6ayW7cwP8vKT7kgmQDqH6V%2BNRQ15y1TzClYBV1gYlUJIHydjmM3VwKToEXuiztkfEirP9mFThi5ci6%2BNqIlBXzfSbjSAzJlKjJdxfDa1tr9du6Eeb67IPB%2BrEKR0Ze7fREWmMCQM8I%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR7zs1fD8YA

On 17/10/2022 at 09:11, Hogie said:

Last Thursday I went to the Silver Ball cafe on the A10 near Royston for a nice drive out and a spot of lunch.

Driving along the A10 I found two very large Red Deer (I think) in the hedgerow. About 1 mile  apart and both very dead.

Whatever hit them would have had significant damage.

At the cafe there were two Trojan micro cars and a Durkoff 1957 scooter - all three in concours condition.

The TRojans were an Isetta shaped bubble car in red and a Messerschmidt shaped micro.

All three were stunning.

Roger 

You should have given me a call Roger, could have met you there.

Tim

17 hours ago, Kevin R said:

Many years ago on a night rally with my car club in Harpenden while I was driving down a very narrow lane a Muntjac leapt from one side to the other clean over my TR! They are phenomenal athletes, I regularly saw them leaping over the 6' chain link fence at the end of our garden.

Tim

• Like 1