Drivers seat swaps and carb diaphragms?

yellowspitfire

Has anyone successfully (and cheaply) swapped the drivers seat with something a bit more adjustable and comfortable? The seat looks OK but has sagged a bit so the other option is to try and tighten things up a bit, but it doesn't look like a high-spec seat. (Did I read somewhere it was from a Cortina or have I dreamt that?). I was thinking perhaps a later small Rover product might fit? Any ideas?

Looking ahead to RBRR, any ideas on where I look for a spare carb diaphragm to take as a spare. Can I presume the local Honda dealer will have one but needs a code?

The seats were based on Cortina frames. If you can, get a set of seats from a CD which has velour. HLS seats are next best. It is probably the foam which has gone.

You shouldn't have any trouble with the carbs unless the car's been parked in a garage for over a decade. Carb parts seem to be difficult to come by. The Civic 1300S used the same carbs but I doubt Honda dealers would stock such parts but you might get lucky. The car should be fine if it hasn't been stood a great length of time. The only Acclaim I've had fuel issues with is Blue which had been parked in a garage for 13 years prior to me buying the car. It would be great if I could get a Civic parts catalogue and cross reference it with the Acclaim one.

The car is an HLS and you're right in suspecting that the foam has probably gone. It's really the lack of sensitive adjustment that's causing the problem. The car only has 65k on the clock and had clearly been sat for quite some time given the state of the tyres when I purchased it. I've done what I always do, buy an old car and drive it like it's new...having replaced the tyres and serviced it! I'll research the diaphragms at the local Honda dealers and report back. I also believe that the carbs might be Honda Goldwing related so that's another avenue to research. Would anyone have the part numbers of the Acclaim diaphragms to hand? Perhaps someone with a spare set hanging around the garage could see what's written on them?

Archived