Spitfire wheel alignment

Amy Wade

Amy,

Before going there, do ring them and ask them if they can do a car with 13'' wheels. Many alignment places struggle nowadays with small wheels. Tell them it's a Spitfire. 

You may need to take some shims with you as I doubt an alignment place will have them.

For the rear, you will need part no. 133070. Moss sell them at £3.50/no. These are used to adjust toe in and toe out.

For the front you will need part no. 122022. Moss sell them at £3.24/no. These are used to adjust camber and castor.

Sorry to complicate.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Amy Wade said:

As I am stripping & rebuilding my suspension I'm going to need my suspension geometry set up. 

I'm looking for recomendations for someone that knows spitfire suspension & can shim it up, preferably somewhere near Oxford. Can anyone help? 

I `ll ask our local guy that does all our cars and see if they have an affiliate near to you who has the same 4 wheel alignment gear 

At the same time think about adjustable rear radius arms that would help and make life easier   

58 minutes ago, Tim Bancroft said:

Mark Field sells them for £168 a pair plus they need bushes...say £180.

Seems a lot to spend when one can buy say 4 shims for £14 plus vat and postage.

Or better still, many people seem to have a stock of reclaimed shims. Not sure how many I have after people have borrowed my supply (but often none seem to get used, probably swapped side to side etc on the car?)

I am happy to look in the garage to see what I can find.

• Like 1

Colourtune sell a camber/castor gauge, I have one but not used it.

I also have one of their toe in gauges, basic, but works I've used it for years to set my front wheels.

Our local garage measured my wheel base, front to back, basically using thin stainless steel wire and I used those figures to set the toe in.

• Like 1

On 06/04/2023 at 19:27, Clive said:

Or better still, many people seem to have a stock of reclaimed shims. Not sure how many I have after people have borrowed my supply (but often none seem to get used, probably swapped side to side etc on the car?)

I am happy to look in the garage to see what I can find.

Thanks for the offer, I have reclaimed shims from the rear of the Spitfire I stripped down, hopefully I'll be OK.

• Like 1