Spitfire

Simon hollis

I know of somebody of similar stature who had a spitfire and no issues, but your best bet is to find one and go have a look and see what you think. It depends on age/flexibility too. It isn't as easy for me after 30 something years of Triumph ownership. 

There is always the Stag or a TR if you need something bigger. 

Simon I am 6 ft 2in and ran a spitfire for 30 odd years and had no problem with height. but as Clive said it is best to go and try one.... I would suggest keeping away from a Spitfire with a roll bar as they can restrict the ability to move the seat fully back and the later ones have reclining seats that do help too.... I did move onto a Stag and they are more comfortable and do have more space... Martin 

• Thanks 1

My RBRR co-driver is 6'4" and he fits fairly comfortably with the seat set right back. He has complained that the mk2/mk3 bucket seats are a bit too snug around the midriff, but no complaints about the reclining mk4 seat I fit for long touring missions.

One slight problem peculiar to the mk3 is the hood frame fouls on the original seats when you have them pushed right back with the hood down. But that's an issue for me as well and I'm only just 6 foot.

Pete

Edited by PeteStupps
typos

3 hours ago, PeteStupps said:

One slight problem peculiar to the mk3 is the hood frame fouls on the original seats when you have them pushed right back with the hood down. But that's an issue for me as well and I'm only just 6 foot.

Pete

Does the hood frame foul the recliners?

44 minutes ago, Amy Wade said:

Does the hood frame foul the recliners?

No, they're narrower at the shoulder so fit ok. The mk2/3 seats were designed for the earlier 'sticks' type of hood which gets removed completely - hence the issue with mk3 folding hood frame

• Like 2