Mick Dolphin - great parts and service

yorkshire_spam

I'm a big fan of having a whinge when things go wrong with suppliers... but today it's praise where it's due.

I didn't fancy butchering the loom or re-soldering connections when it came to replacing the ignition switch on Binny (early Dolomite with 4 pin potted connector) but struggled to find the right early part (216864 Ignition Switch 1850 to WF26607 )
As a last ditch I dropped Mick Dolphin an email and lo-and-behold he has them in stock!

I enquired on Thursday, paid on Friday and the parts arrived this morning - great parts and great service!
He might not have a fancy website, but well worth trying if you are looking for hard to find parts: http://www.mickdolphin.co.uk/frontpage.htm

IMG_20230731_121614.thumb.jpg.f97ffbf009c2be41efb74df673aa8a67.jpg

Support your smaller Triumph/Classic suppliers! (I'm a fan of Paddocks, Fitchetts, Canleys, Robsport etc.)

Cheers, Sam

• Like 3

Tim

The following was posted on the TR Register forum last Friday, it answers your question

Dave

July 2023 Update

Dear RevingtonTR Community,

It has been a while since we did one of these and as there have been some profound changes in RevingtonTR we thought it time for an update.

As some of you may be aware, Dan Allen has embarked on a new chapter in his life outside of RevingtonTR.

Dan has been an integral part of our company for many years and will be missed, but we wish him every success in his new endeavours.

With Dan's departure the family have made the decision that, with both a heavy heart and a sense of pride, we announce that after an extraordinary journey spanning four decades, Neil and Sue have decided to embark on a new phase in their lives and will be winding down RevingtonTR parts department to facilitate semi retirement in 2024.

Neil and Sue's unwavering commitment, passion, and expertise have shaped RevingtonTR into the iconic worldwide business it is today. Their dedication to providing exceptional products, unrivalled customer service, and fostering a strong TR community has left an indelible mark on the world of classic cars.

Since it's humble beginnings in 1980, RevingtonTR has grown into a globally recognized name, and a trusted source for TR enthusiasts worldwide. Neil and Sue's relentless pursuit of excellence has established RevingtonTR as the go-to destination for TR parts, upgrades, and knowledge, ensuring that these iconic sports cars continue to thrive Worldwide for generations to come.

Beyond building a successful business, Neil and Sue have built lasting relationships with their customers, who have become part of the extended RevingtonTR family. Their warmth, kindness, and genuine love for TR's has made the RevingtonTR community a tight-knit and welcoming one.

As a result of this decision there will be a few changes in the way we operate, and we kindly ask for your patience and understanding as we navigate this transition. Rest assured, our team here is fully committed to maintaining the highest standards of customer service and delivering the products and expertise you rely on.

One notable change will be a gradual reduction in our product range. We will carefully review and streamline our offerings, focusing on the most essential and sought-after TR parts and accessories.  This will allow us to better manage our inventory and ensure availability of the items you need whilst the parts department is gradually phased out.  We will then endeavour to provide alternatives if available.

The thriving workshop operation is set to continue unchanged. 

On behalf of the entire RevingtonTR team, we extend our heartfelt thanks for your continued trust and support. Together, we will navigate this exciting chapter in the history of RevingtonTR and create a legacy that honours the remarkable journey of Neil and Sue.

With sincere appreciation,

The Revington TR Team

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/07/2023 at 12:56, yorkshire_spam said:

I'm a big fan of having a whinge when things go wrong with suppliers... but today it's praise where it's due.

I didn't fancy butchering the loom or re-soldering connections when it came to replacing the ignition switch on Binny (early Dolomite with 4 pin potted connector) but struggled to find the right early part (216864 Ignition Switch 1850 to WF26607 )
As a last ditch I dropped Mick Dolphin an email and lo-and-behold he has them in stock!

I enquired on Thursday, paid on Friday and the parts arrived this morning - great parts and great service!
He might not have a fancy website, but well worth trying if you are looking for hard to find parts: http://www.mickdolphin.co.uk/frontpage.htm

IMG_20230731_121614.thumb.jpg.f97ffbf009c2be41efb74df673aa8a67.jpg

Support your smaller Triumph/Classic suppliers! (I'm a fan of Paddocks, Fitchetts, Canleys, Robsport etc.)

Cheers, Sam

Yes, I agree, I find Mick a pleasure to deal with. Not only does he have a great stock, but he is always willing to share his knowledge with others!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...