Stodders

I am wanting to order the hood for my resto but don't know which to order.  I see there are many different ones available but wondered what  they were like.  The expensive mohair one sounds tempting but are they better or last longer than a duck one?   Are the expensive ones thicker and therefore harder to put up and down therefore more prone to damage.  Also which material is least prone to stretching or shrinking?

I've got a Mohair hood fitted, it's lasting well and folds down just like a Vinyl hood.

The worst thing about Herald/Vitesse Hoods is the Quarter Light Windows split after so long :-/

You have to be carefull when folding them, more so when it's cold!

Mine are Ok at the Mo, but have a few crease marks and will split eventually :(

I Got mine from the Don Hood Company at Erdington in Birmingham, they've been going for years and also offer a fitting service too.

Regards

Gary

The 1/4 lights are the reason I went mohair. I don't think it's correct for these cars - a view not everyone agrees with! But other than getting a vinyl hood with stitched windows made up for similar costs it was the only option. I also got mine from Don's and cost almost as much as my Mazda! ;D