Engine removal/refit

Wendy Dawes

Had anyone ever removed and refitted a  1200 Herald  engine without taking off the bonnet,  if so is it difficult as I am loathe to take the bonnet off if it can be done , as it fits really well and I don’t fancy trying to re-adjust  the fit if it gets disturbed , I know they can be a nightmare !!  The plan  is to get the ancillaries and the head off, leaving a short engine to remove and vice Versa on the refit 

any comment/advice gratefully received 

Edited by Wendy Dawes

• Wendy Dawes changed the title to Engine removal/refit
8 hours ago, JohnD said:

Thanks John that’s great help 

Here you go, Wendy.   

Radiator out, lift engine/gearbox, tilt, turn sideways and level, move car forwards to bring engine/gearbox close to windscreen (PROTECT THE WINDSCREEN!), close bonnet, move car back, lower engine/gearbox to floor or trolley.   Voila! 

John 

Engineoutsequence.thumb.jpg.5070c8286ef955867cf9bade7dada961.jpg

Edited by JohnD
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Velocita Rosso said:

Well...I watched that...and I must have blinked a few times....missing out on  few things.........

That show (and Salvage hunters classic cars) had Paul Brackley, the same 'technical expert' as Wheeler dealers...

As far as I can make out the stars of the show do very little work on the vehicles, they're worked on by a team led by Paul Brackley off camera. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amy Wade said:

That show (and Salvage hunters classic cars) had Paul Brackley, the same 'technical expert' as Wheeler dealers...

As far as I can make out the stars of the show do very little work on the vehicles, they're worked on by a team led by Paul Brackley off camera. 

but....still not a pot of grease anywhere to be seen😵 

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

Here you go, Wendy.   

Radiator out, lift engine/gearbox, tilt, turn sideways and level, move car forwards to bring engine/gearbox close to windscreen (PROTECT THE WINDSCREEN!), close bonnet, move car back, lower engine/gearbox to floor or trolley.   Voila! 

John 

Engineoutsequence.thumb.jpg.5070c8286ef955867cf9bade7dada961.jpg

Thankyou John,  I’m going to give it a go in a couple of weeks but I’m going to get the head off first so there’s less engine to deal with 👍