Entry slowly filling up

Rubce

Hi All

The entry number now stands at 27, so just over half full. Given that we have all been cooped up for the past year I am surprised at the slow take up rate. I expected everyone to be gagging to get out and about and mix with fellow enthusiasts on an event like this.

Bruce

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Rubce said:

Hi All

The entry number now stands at 27, so just over half full. Given that we have all been cooped up for the past year I am surprised at the slow take up rate. I expected everyone to be gagging to get out and about and mix with fellow enthusiasts on an event like this.

Bruce

They have all heard you are going Bruce :)

Tony.

Hi Bruce

I was hoping for a more rapid response too, especially after the effort we have made put into getting the new website working.  The normal number of entries for a C2C seems to be a little above 40 and that is what I would like.

However there may be several good reasons why entrants are reluctant at this time.  Covid has greatly complicated this event in ways that I could not anticipate.   There is a lot going on behind the scenes at the moment that is not part of the normal event. June 21st could bring back most of the normality, at least for the entrants, and I hope to be able to relax a number of regulations that Covid has enforced upon us at that time. 

Some potential entrants have not entered as they are concerned  about being in a car with someone that is not a member of their household for near on 24 hours.  However some other potential entrants are concerned that limiting the crew size to 2 is more dangerous because of fatigue.  June 21st may enable me to do something about this and after this date I may be able to relax this regulation and revert to normal, ie the capacity of the car. Also I may need to relax the regulation that entry closes on 18th June to June 23ed.

However, I need some help please. it is easier for me and for entrants to adjust an entry rather than create a new one. I will shortly need to request menu selections for the supper at the start from entrants. For this I will need to know the number of entrants we have and the full entrant and crew details.

If you are hesitant to enter because you would like to have a crew of more than 2, that regulation can be changed to more than 2 If covid regulations are relaxed on June 21st. Enter now with a crew of 2 and on June 21st you can adjust your entry,  if covid regulations are not relaxed I will authorise a refund if you do not want to do the event with a crew of 2. 

Please get your entries in now and indicate if you would like a crew of more than 2 also those that have only given initial details please complete your full details as soon as possible.

Thank you, Chris

• Like 1