SOLEX B30 PSEI carb on a Herald 1200

Dan

Hello everyone,

I'm currently stripping, cleaning and servicing the above carburettor, I've laid everything out on my bench ensuring nothing goes amiss, however I appear to be missing the non return ball and for sure it never came out.

I've double checked the pump jet pathway but cannot see it lodged in there, but I did notice that the pump jet had been crimped slightly.

I've attached some photos so you can see the component so my question is?

If indeed the ball is missing where do I get a replacement from?

Has somebody in the past crimped the pump jet? or is this normal? 

Thanks everyone

Regards

Dan

IMG_20240330_125458.jpg

IMG_20240330_125344.jpg

IMG_20240330_125414.jpg

I've had a look and its difficult to tell, initially I only took out the sealing ring. So maybe its just this.

Thanks for the response

Much appreciated.

Dan

The ball (theres another one in the inlet to the accelerator pump) act as non return valves to ensure fuel always gets pumped in one direction (out of the nozzle) however has said nozzle goes quite high maybe the second ball isnt needed. You could test it when the carb is assembled by getting fuel into the float chamber and manually seeing how efficiently the accelerator pump works...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I have just seen this and I am going to strip down and clean my carb it’s the same as the one here it looks like it hasn’t been cleaned for a long time what is the best way of going about it and what to look for. At the moment it seems to be not very responsive. And how do I go about setting it up once I have cleaned it all. Any suggestions would help me a lot as I’ve not worked on this type of carb before.IMG_0337.thumb.jpeg.e85e8e43d2cb0d432180868bca1a0d52.jpegIMG_0338.thumb.jpeg.58edb0004e56f2cf7ef18646d87996eb.jpeg