Project car

Lucas jones

Good choice, Lucas!    I can't help.you, I'm using mine, but suggestbyou get along to your local area group meeting, CT, or TSSC.  They will know of local opportunities.  Usually at a pub, but summer is coming and they will.meet outside!  If you can't achieve your ambition, look at the TSSC's Youth Loan Sceme, for when you do get your licence.  See  https://www.tssc.org.uk/tssc/news_final.asp?news_ID=88

John

• Like 1

It's great to see youngsters taking an interest in classic cars. Hopefully you'll find a suitable project car.

The clubs are here to help, we all share an interest in keeping the cars running & there's a wealth of knowledge you can tap into. 

• Like 3

Hope  you can find a suitable project Lucas,   We all have a deep love of these cars and encouraging a young man into the world of classic cars can only be a positive  step forward,  the younger generation are the future for our cars so I hope you find your perfect car 

• Like 2

It depends where you live, but I've found that ebay is a reasonable place to look, but I'd certainly not bid without having seen the car.  If I was in the market for a project spitfire I'd be looking at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166706064301  in Basildon (Essex).  10 day auction, 5 days left, £400, 7 bidders, reserve not met. 

Looks like a fair amount of work but worh rescuing.  If the reserve is not met it's maybe time to barter.  I bought an alfa romeo that way (agreeing a 'buy it now' price to keep it on ebay) after meeting the seller after the auction ended.  At your age, you are certainly likely to find a sympathetic seller!

Good luck, and please let us know what you buy and keep us informed of your progress.  Lots of helpful experts on this forum.

• Like 1