GT6 Mk3 Front Roof Finisher to Gutter Details

NickinSussex

Hi there

I am struggling to know how to finish the front of the roof on my GT6 Mk3. The side roof gutters were cut off at the front at some stage and not properly finished where they wrap round the front of the roof. I have undertaken roof repairs and have bought the front roof finisher strip, but I can't find decent photos on the web showing the detail in this area. The few I have found do not show the detail with the separate finisher strip, and I am not sure that the photos I have seen represent the original detail.

I have attached photos showing the current situation.

Do I need to fit the finisher strip in its entirety first and then fabricate the part of the gutter that extends round front of the roof?

Or do I fabricate the front gutter extension round the front first, then trim and fit the finisher strip?

I note that many GT6s these days do not have the finisher strip, but I want to fit this.

Any guidance or photos of the detail from an original car would be much appreciated.

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

I have used the finisher strip on my gt6 and not bothered with the front gutter, just make sure it is well treated inside  so the rot will be kept at bay I did bridge the gap from finisher strip to side gutters, I also had to fit a roof repair panel because all the top section was rusted away