Brake caliper lug spacing

Jonny-Jimbo

Hi all,

Another daft question for you all to have a pop at...

On the Ginetta I'm rebuilding the front suspension is all Spitfire type. Originally It would have had Type 14 calipers I believe, however the ones fitted are not.

They look similar to 2000 calipers, in that they have a rib down the side, and use a pad of this shape;

rather than the usual Spitfire square pad.

So, what other calipers have the same lug spacing as a Type 14, but look like a 2000 caliper? Are they all the same lug spacing across the Triumph range, or is it likely to be something like Dolomite or TR7 etc? The calipers are also centred on the disc with a washer behind the lug mount. If I can, I'd rather do away with this and revert back to Type-14 as long as the pad surface area isn't smaller.

I'll take a photo of them tonight.

Quoted from Gt6s
You can use a big T calliper with Gt6 discs on Spit VL stub axle / hubs. Gt6 Vitesse are different spacing to Spit.

Laurence

You do have to modify T2000 discs if you use them, as I picked up a (totally rotten) Spitfire with brand new T2000 calipers and discs fitted to spitfire uprights. Can't help but think the PO spent his money in the wrong place.

The calipers went on my 2000, the discs became ballast.

Cheers