Spade fuse box - any recomendations?

molten

It's always worth having a couple of extra fuse positions, either to split out some of the circuits onto separate ones or for future additions like in-headrest blu-ray for your passengers (nerd)

If you fit the bare minimum and later find you want more, you either have to replace the box again or add an extra box - more space and more clutter.  For the difference in price between a 4 and a 6 (or even 8) you know it makes sense!

I have done the new fuse box conversion taking blade fuses. Reasonably easy job, The box is in my left hand glove box bolted to the left panel so does not take any room up.
Also it is just behind the old spitty box which stays in place for the standard look.
Total cost was about £8 inc shrink tape for the professional look.

Rob

2597 wrote:
How many blade terminals would be best to go for?
Standard had 3 or 4 but any mileage in getting a couple of spare slots (6-way)?

Cook1e, what's the box to the right of your fuse box?

Cheers

Both boxes are fuse boxes. The vertical 4 way one to the right was fitted while I still had the original fuse box for a few extra add on electrics.

The other one mounted horizontally is a 6 way unit that I used to replace the old 3 way standard one. I've got 3 spare fuse positions in case I fit any more additional electrical goodies like spot lamps for the RBRR etc.

Archived