Dolomite 1500 overdrive conversion

djj

Hi all,
Just just bought a 1500 Dolly, and would like to convert to overdrive.
I have all the bits from an overdrive 1500 spitfire, so I just need the dolomite specific bits.
I'm guessing these would be gear lever, prop, and possibly gearbox mounting.

Can anyone tell me if there is anything else, or even better offer the parts for sale.

Thanks,

Dave Jones

Word on the street is that the std prop will work as the length difference is only 1" and the sliding joint should allow for that easily.
Gearstick from the spit may well be fine as well, a bit shorter but I used one on my 1500 toledo.

The gearbox mount may be harder to find, I would suggest asking on the dolomite forum. You will need the metal bracket and I think crossmember. There is also a discussion about using a volvo rubber mount as the new "dolomite" ones are a bit questionable.
If that fails, you could create your own and use a spitfire type rear mount, I think that would be fairly straightforward.

(your existing gearbox mounts on to an extension on the front subframe. Overdrive cars do not have those extensions, though they can be left in place, but there is a smallish crossmember that is used hat bolts to the floorpan)