Speedo. cable for 1500 gearbox?

Scimher

No. The late cars used a clip-on fitting at the speedo head and a clamp flange at the gearbox. The early cars (like your Herald) used a knurled nut at both ends. I have a cable that's in between, from a Toledo, but it's the wrong in-between - Herald-like at the gearbox and 1500-like at the speedo.

Why are you fitting a single-rail box? It's a problematic conversion in many ways, while the Mk4 Spitfire box gives you all the benefits but none of the problems.

Thanks Rob....(& apologies for the duplicate post - perhaps a mod. can remove it....I've looked for a way of doing it but failed!) It all started when the old girl got progressively worse at starting (you should see the chewed-up flywheel teeth & starter gear!) She's a bit of a bitsa anyway & the 1300 Dolly engine ain't brilliant. There was a job lot of 2 engines - 1 Midget 1500 & t'other 1500 Spit. + 2 (non-o'd) g'boxes, a nearly new looking starter, pair of HS4 1.5" carbs. (oxidised!) & a box of bits - all for £135 & just down the road.

Once the engine was out it was obvious that the flywheel from one of the 1500 engines was a bit different & that it would be a good match for one of the 1500 boxes (all-synchro...)...Her existing box was a bit shot. Now I'm going to have to get 3.5" chopped out of the propshaft & the starter is not wanting to turn the engine - it engages with 2/3 of the ring gear so really needs a shim as well as the spacer....The slave cylinder was leaking so have to get a Spitfire 1500 one........Longer term, one of the two engines will be worked on so that it can be fitted - with the twin  carbs., hopefully. 

But, yes, Rob - you're right......it has become a pain & is causing problems, right enough!......Not to mention more expense!

Over in New Zealand we have people who can make up cables with any end that you want for a reasonable price. I had a cable made up for my 2500, a bit longer than standard to get rid of the tight radius's.

Surely someone in UK can make you a cable.

Tony.