spitfire / vitesse hubs

rustbuckit2011

don't know if there is enough meat there to bore it out to the larger bearing.

it is not something I would do or recommend TBH along with fitting the vitesse stub axle.

the triumph suspension already has its own weakness I wouldn't like to add more.

I think some of the TR cars use the smaller bearing(not definite on this) as designed and they seem to last ok even with the heavy six pot engine. :-/

esxefi wrote:
I think some of the TR cars use the smaller bearing(not definite on this) as designed and they seem to last ok even with the heavy six pot engine. :-/
Correct. The TR2-6 (and even the mighty Mayflower) used the same front wheel bearings as found on Herald and Spitfire, so they can't be too fragile!  ;D

Ah well,
That's not such bad news then, Thanks chaps!
The only reason I ask, is that I am fitting vented discs and wider wheels to a mazda engined car.
Vitesse suspension components are hens teeth here in NZ, and I didn't want to be
pushing a spitfire stub beyond its capabilities.
If they can cope with a six, they will be fine in my lightened car
Cheers!

Hi, I see someone is selling Vitesse front suspension on Trade Me:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/parts-other-makes/diffs-axles/auction-836830505.htm

Silly money though as for not much more you could get a Canley Uprated Hub and Stub Axle:
http://www.canleyclassics.com/uprated-front-hub-and-stub-axle-kit/

I've just got a set and the hub is light and stub axle huge in comparison - just need to pop out the new std studs that came with it and pop in the Freelander ones I have and good to go.

Just an option.