Just thought I'd let everyone know how much help Canley's gave the Club last night.

The pub that we were due to have the Midland/Northern Drivers meeting in, had a catastrophe over the weekend when the marquee that I was due to hold the DM in blew down owing to the high winds.
I did not get to know about this until Mon. night at 19.20hrs. Anyrate Dave Pearson of Canleys phoned me and said do not worry we can use his Museum building at the Canley premises.
After much work on Tuesday by the Canley staff and hon. staff member Jason Chinn we got the area clear and held the meeting in what I considered to be appropriate surroundings (Dave had left the Maucau Spit and Kastner/Brophy replica GT6 in the building). They laid on tea and coffee and the meeting went off without a hitch.
Thanks to Claire, Darren, Mick, Karl, Jason and 'The Pearson'!
Full marks to Canleys- true RBRR and Triumph spirit!

Also thanks should be given to CT Treasurer John Millidge abd Commitee member Steve Waddingham for making the effort and coming up to the meeting to help me out. John is a real stalwart of the club, he will be marshaling at Perth control stop and helping out at Conon Hotel- what a trooper!

Archived