Looks like I'm in then!!!

Now the entry has been increased it looks like I'm at it again.I said before the last one I only needed to do one,just to say I'd done it. I guess I'm addicted do I need counseling?Last time everything got prepared in the last few weeks although it had only been 12 months since being my daily driver,it needed loads,things I'd been putting off mainly.This time its going to be different,less panic more planning.I've even driven it since the last rbrr.But not much and not since I blew the engine in april/may05.Well I changed the engine in october and.........now what was I doing? Oh yeah just need to get it mot'ed. I must concentrate more or it'll be a mad dash to the plough again,last time it was on the rolling road on the morning of the run.Well it made it so we did something right. wish me lucklook forward to hearing what people need to do to get ready!!

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it everytime I think I'm nearly ready to take it for mot I find something else that needs doing?I knew it needed a little plate on the floor so thought I'd just give it a little poke and.... yep change that to big plate!Not too bad really but I'm hardly an expert welder.When I got underneath I found I need to put a little plate on the otherside(ive not poked it yet!).Oh well at least I found it not the mot guy.However I'm sure He'll find somewhere to focus his attention.

• 2 weeks later...

Booked in for mot on tuesday.Not really expecting a pass its been 2 years and since the last mot its been in a lot of pieces and I've changed the engine.Actually I've still not even driven it with this engine.I wont be surprised if it fails on headlight aim as the bonnet has been off so many times also the mixture is probably a bit/lot rich.Oh and I still have some welding to do,its got no antifreeze,I need to change the oil and fit a rocker cover gasket as most of the oil ends up on the exhaust.Just teething problems I guess.

Took the spit for MOT and it failed all because the indicators would'nt come on.Otherwise no advisors or anything!!Then when i drove home i had indicators so i turned round the guy checked them then pushed all the buttons and gave me an mot.RESULT!

• 2 months later...

Changed the head gasket friday. Finished at 12.00am as had problems torqueing up bolt 10 it wont go quite as tight but we decided to go for it anyway. Funnily enough its the same corner as the old oil leak so its probably an old problem. Took it on a long run over the weekend up to keighley in yorkshire so that my dad could have a drive as he's gonna do the rbrr with me. Went really well 550 miles without any problems. Going to do the head gasket again before the run as not really 100% happy with no.10 stud . But nice to give it a good run.

Archived