Bit of info for the Millau Bridge.

http://www.webcamgalore.com/EN/webcam/France/Millau-Viaduct/1487.html

Co-driver Steve received this the other day.

"I think you will impressed. Shame you are not approaching from France as there is a wonderful view from the motorway from a good few miles away. People don't realise that there are also two or three other viaducts which had to be built before they even reached Millau. If you intend travelling on this stretch, and remember it's free up to Clermont Ferrand, the scenery is wonderful as you go over the Massif Central and climbs up to well over a 1100 meters but you don't realise it. A tip: lots more speed cameras on the motorways now which have big yellow radar signs and within 100-200 yards there will be a camera - not sometimes but ALWAYS and you can't miss the yellow/black chevrons. I got the impression that some of the French treated them like a pit lane time penalty!! Beauty is you know exactly where they are."

I agree with the sentiment that the approach is better from the North and unfortunately we will be coming at it from the South. And the fact that the veiwing point (again at the North end) is created in such a way that you cannot get a shot of your car with the viaduct in the background...ho hum.

Archived